Year 6 Stubbers Trip - By Izzy

On Wednesday 12th June, Year 6 travelled to Stubbers – an activity centre for children. We stayed for approximately nine hours, and did four activities, (Jet-Skiing, Kayaking, Team Challenges and Climbing) all of which I enjoyed! My personal favourite was the kayaking; I’d done it before, but I still managed to sink the boat!

Upon arrival, we were split into groups. The day was planned differently for each group, but we all did the same activities, just at different times. We hadn’t been told which activities we’d be doing, but our teachers had made it very clear we needed two changes of clothes, so we assumed we were getting wet!

My first activity was kayaking, (My favourite activity!) and I’d done it before but the previous time wasn’t nearly as fun as the kayaking at Stubbers! We were taught how to use the oar, and after we picked a boat and watched nervously as our friends got in their boats. Once I was in, I got the hang of it pretty easily, however I kept spinning whenever I rowed – weird! The highlight of the activity for me was when I “fell” in. When I went round a very sharp corner, loads of water entered the boat, and it began to sink. At that point I was really panicking and I fell out anyway! Once we got out we were all drenched!

After a short break we were lead to the “Cement Wall,” – a giant mountainous structure with uneven shards of rock stuck in it. Everyone in my group struggled as it was near impossible to get a good grip (for me it was anyway…). My brother Ollie got to the top though! He was very modest and said that his part of the wall was easier than the rest. To me it looked very complicated!

When we had lunch we were able to play in a near-by park at Stubbers, but only for a bit – we had two more activities to do. One of them was team challenges, which (as the name suggests) we had to work in a team for. One challenge we had to get all our team in shoe-size order when we were in four large tires. I got quite claustrophobic, but it was my favourite challenge.

The final activity we did was jet-skiing. We were all numbered “1-9,” and that was the order we participated in. I was the third to do it, and I was a bit anxious, nevertheless it was “sick,” as Kaytlin put it. We controlled the jet-ski and the accelerator, but the instructor had the most control to avoid accidents. It was so cool!

In summation, I had a VERY good day at Stubbers – I wish we could go again!

Written by: Izzy 6C

Please see the gallery page for more pictures.